Living in New England does come with enduring some harsh winters. With temperatures below zero at times and lots of snowfall, you can say that winter in New England may not be a favorite to all. In my opinion there is nothing that wee can do to change the weather, so why not make the most of it? Fortunately, there are countless winter activities to take up including skiing, tubing, snow shoeing and snow boarding. A favorite of mine is definitely skiing.
I learned to ski a few years ago up in New Hampshire. My Dad's cousin owns a ski house in Bethlehem, New Hampshire (beautiful town to check out if you can ) so my family and I are there a lot during the winter. There are over 20 different ski mountains to choose from in New Hampshire. A few of my favorites are Cannon Mountain, Bretton Woods and Loon.
Bretton Woods is the mountain where I first learned to ski. It is a great beginners mountain as well as having a bunch of black diamonds to suit the well experienced. There are always ski instructors available to give lessons daily and there's even ski school where you can spend a few hours learning to ski before heading out on the slopes alone.
When you ski you have two choices on how to get to the top of the mountain. There first is by chair lift and the second is rope pull. If you easily get motion sick, I would highly recommend the rope pull. The chair lifts tend to sway a lot and it can cause nausea. I know this from personal experience. Other then that the view is great and can be peaceful. The rope tow is when you hold on to a rope on the side of the mountain and it pulls you up. You have to be able to hold on to the rope for a while because it does take a good ten minutes to get to the top of the mountain.
I have been skiing for about four years now and it is definitely a fun and enjoyable winter sport. There are different levels of difficulty for each mountain so there are many options for each skier. Please take the drive to New Hampshire when you can! You won't regret it:)
No comments:
Post a Comment