Out of all four seasons In New England, my absolute favorite by far is autumn. With all of the beautiful leaves changing color, the crisp fresh air, and the many sights to see, the fall is one of the best aspects of living in New England. Growing up, I would always look forward to when the fall was coming. There were always little signs here and there that I could look for and be sure that autumn was right around the corner. Ones that I can remember most, are noticing the change in air from the hot summer afternoons to more of a cool morning, or seeing that the once new green leaves were fading to a crimson tone.
Once autumn officially hits New England, the sights to see are like no other. The colors of the leaves are absolutely breathtaking and there are countless places to go to if you want to see hundreds of beautifully colored trees lined up. When I was young my parents and I would always go on Sunday drives to Massachusetts or Connecticut to see the leaves changing color. I would always look forward to this because I knew the lovely sights I would soon be seeing. A family tradition of mine growing up would be visiting various apple orchards in Rhode Island and Connecticut. Picking apples was a great way to enjoy the outdoors in the fall as well as getting to enjoy the most popular fruit that comes about in the autumn months.
Other various autumn events include farmers markets, hiking and biking. A favorite of mine would definitely be hiking through the woods on a calm autumn day. The birds are singing, the air is fresh and the view is absolutely breathtaking. I have hiked in many different New England areas including, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire and Maine. Even though I've been to many places to hike, my favorite is right down the street from my home. Arcadia is a popular trail that goes for roughly 7 miles and takes you on a trip through Rhode Island's largest protected area. While hiking you can enjoy the autumn foliage, as well as wetlands, marshes, and open bodies of water.
For me, autumn is a very relaxing season where you can enjoy countless activities as well as doing something so simple as taking a hike. It is important to remember that there are very few places that can offer such a beautiful time of year, which is just one of the many reasons why, New England is the best place to be.
Your about me does a good job at describing why you may have chose this topic as a blog. The fact that you are from Rhode Island and know about the state proves that you can be trusted a when it comes to our sights. The description definitely shows your goal for this blog and the audience you're reaching for. Though, I dont think you should put ", I hope to inform my audience of why New England is the best place to be!" I think that you should say something a little different, something a little more "confident". As for the first post I think its great. I think you have good descriptions and I can tell where you're going to be headed for future posts.
ReplyDeleteThe about me is definitely a great representation of why you chose New England and how you know so much about it. The description is straight to the point about what your blog posts will be about, but you need to change the parts where you say "hope." It can make the reader feel as though you might know what you're talking about, and take your opinion of New England a little less seriously. I absolutely loved the first blog post because you really put your heart into it and described all the reasons why you love Autumn in New England. I can definitely see your love for the topic and what your blog is about.
ReplyDelete